Join us on Saturday, September 29th (12-4 pm) for a discussion on The Role of Government in The New Economy. A number of candidates for California statewide (and Bay Area) public office will speak on issues of high importance to the technology industry, such as:
- Automation, artificial intelligence, and the displacement of jobs
- Data privacy and security
- Workers’ rights and classification
- California’s growing cannabis industry
- Regulation of the gig economy
- The Gas Tax and infrastructure funding
This non-partisan event will feature individual presentations from each candidate. Candidates may choose the format of their presentations.